Monday, February 24, 2014

FML

There is this id card, that my life depends on. Okay maybe not my life,but definitely my happiness. Every student is issued a "comet" card, our mascot is a comet, hence the name cute right? But the stress this causes me on a day to day basis is not cute. I need this card to eat, get into my dorm after night, get into my room, to take test, go to the gym, check out a library book, and a gazillion other things that I have yet to find out.

So, you can imagine how badly my life can get when I forget this in my room. There are two ways to solve this problem:
1. My roomates
-I have 2, so twice the chance that one will be available, but they usually happen to have classes at times during the day when I forget my card,so I end up waiting for them. If its at night my roommate L, is usually always in the room.
2. Front Desk
-When option 1 fails I have the front desk of my dorm, where they have a Peer Adviser (PA) on call. This used to be my option 1,since it was quicker, until I had to start signing an index card saying I was locked out. After the first three I had to talk with the head of my dorm about why this was happening. You would think that after that it would compel me to never forget my comet card again. WRONG! It happened two more times after that and the guy at the desk said and I quote, "Wow this is the most lock outs I've ever seen," he preceded to call over the closet PA to recount this to them. So after that option 2 became my option 1, even though it usually leads me waiting in my hall for an hour.

Today wasn't too bad I just had to wait about 1 hour. The worst was I had to wait 2.5 hours and I missed diner. Why you might ask don't I just go down to the front desk? Well, because its embarrassing, while others just say I have too much pride. Maybe its a combination of both?

Kaiya 

No comments:

Post a Comment